Born and raised in Alberta.
Started working in the oil industry in the early 80s. The seismic industry is where I found my home and passion. After many years in the field, I worked my way into the head office in Calgary. When the oil crashed in November 1998 I found myself like so many others laid off, jobless with very little hope for employment. An opportunity aroused where I was able to use the skills I learned in the oil industry to reinvent myself. After completing a three-year apprenticeship program I became a Red seal structural ironworker and layout surveyor. I retired early due to severe spinal injuries (car accident) that impaired me from doing my job safely and efficiently. I am still an active member of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers 725
Volunteer and Advocate work
- Past advocate Calgary City police victim Services Unit
- Past chair of school council as well as the educational Society and member of The Alberta School Councils' Association (ASCA)
- Crestmont Community Association
- Veterans association Food Bank
- Member of the impresario Circle Calgary Opera
- Member of the Paleontology Society of Alberta
- Volunteer for various community outreach programs for the last 20 years
My core values
- The health of our communities relies on adherence to sustainable and sensible policy.
- Disability is an often misunderstood concept. I will work to improve conditions for those with impairments while lessening governmental barriers to their success.
- I am confident that improving conditions for better mental and physical wellness in schools enhances a student’s ability to succeed in the future.
- I will work toward policies that properly utilize our entrepreneurial spirit. Every Albertan deserves the opportunity to succeed.
- That private enterprise and entrepreneurship are the keys to our economic success.
- That government must use public dollars as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Every Albertan deserves the opportunity to succeed.
- Sustainability must be a core value of government.
- Public business should be conducted in public.
- Great quality of life requires strong communities.
Happily married to Patricia for 18 years. Father to Lucas (14) and Marisa (10).